A graduate of the University of Buffalo, Lee Hnetinka is cofounder and chief executive officer of Darkstore in New York City. The company offers customers ecommerce products delivered on the same day an order is placed though fulfillment centers in New York, Phoenix, and San Francisco. In his down time, Lee Hnetinka enjoys dining at Michelin-star restaurants.
In 1900, the Michelin Tire Company issued a guidebook that helped visitors traversing France. A quarter century later, the company began sending out anonymous reviewers to try new restaurants. Michelin now regularly sends representatives to write thorough reviews about their dining experiences. All of the reviewers then gather, share their thoughts, and determine if a restaurant receives zero to three stars. According to the guide, one star signifies very good cooking in its category, two stars means excellent cooking and worth a detour, while three stars signifies exceptional cuisine and worthy of a specific journey.
In November 2016, the Michelin Guide announced the six New York City restaurants that received three-star ratings for 2017. The three-star eateries include:
* Chef’s Table at Brooklyn Fare, which received this high honor for the second straight year.
* Eleven Madison Park, which is a contemporary American restaurant.
* Jean-Georges, which serves as the flagship restaurant for Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
* Le Bernardin, which is a seafood restaurant under the guidance of Chef Eric Ripert.
* Masa, which is a sushi restaurant operated by Chef Masa Takayama.
* Per Se, which offers French and American cuisine.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA–(Marketwired – Apr 20, 2017) – Darkstore CEO Lee Hnetinka has successfully raised $1.4 million in seed funding from PivotNorth Capital, the company has announced. The funding will be used to hire additional employees and expand Darkstore’s operations into three new markets: Chicago, Los Angeles, and Seattle. In addition to the money, PivotNorth general partner Tim Connors will be joining Darkstore’s Board of Directors. Please click HERE to continue reading…